Discuss Website Feedback in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R.Oak

Hey chaps. So i've spent the last few days redoing my website. I was tinkering with my old one and ended up making some changes which it wouldn't let me undo! My computer skills are limited and in the end it was easier just to start afresh! Im actually glad I did because I actually much prefer my new site.

Im looking for a bit of feedback though if you guys don't mind? I think its pretty good but i'm obviously bias because i've been absorbed in it for a few days lol. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks :)

Home

No logos? Nothing from manufacturers or suppliers no gas safe oftec or wras? Website looks ok but would expect to see some familiar logos

"Call today" ish strap line and your local phone number didn't feature in massive font . Peeps don't like just Mobile numbers

Last edited by a moderator:
My Logo is on every page. Dont have my gas safe or oftec :( I dont think theres any familiar logos im allowed to use tbh. We dont have a local phone number unfortunately, something that needs to be recitifed asap. thanks for the feedback.

Think Im right about this, some mobile phone providers offer a bolt on deal where you can have a virtual landline number and you choose the area code, think Voda & O2 do it.

Think Im right about this, some mobile phone providers offer a bolt on deal where you can have a virtual landline number and you choose the area code, think Voda & O2 do it.

REALLY?? thats awesome! im going to look into right away. Thanks! :)

This is where the problem lies in our industry of carp rates, free advice and quotes !!! Also no call out charge !!!

Busy fool springs to mind

I have that deal with my local rag ,they also have an internet set up if you miss a call via there site

This is where the problem lies in our industry of carp rates, free advice and quotes !!! Also no call out charge !!!

Busy fool springs to mind

Just trying to get business mate, not been going for long. Im sure you are aware what its like when you start out.

Seems weird to say your registered in Cardiff and serve Sherbourne etc had me wondering. Watersafe logo?

Companies House is based in Cardiff, and my cert of inc says registered there. thats why its on there. I know what you mean about undermining my own worth, eventually when I have a large enough customer base i will cut back on a lot of the things I offer, but at the moment the business is new and im offering things in order to build up a customer base. I do appreciate the feedback though btw

Get some bathroom logos Yorkshire ones megaflow ? Water safe chipe? Local council? CSCS?
Myson / Henrad never fitted a rad? Bulldog?

Change the "NEWS" home page link to say "Dorset Plumber Blog"
Google will pick-up that page for that search term: Dorset Plumber.

Also a facebook page.
My facebook page is page 1 Google serps for the search term "coventry plumbing and heating" just having a play with google algo to see how it ticks:
https://www.************/coventryplumbingandheating

Last edited:
I liked it. I turned straight to the testimonials, and read the first few.

Intellectually, I knew that you weren't going to post the bad ones, but they looked genuine. My mother in law would have been impressed, and its people like her you need to impress, not people like us.

Good site.

Thanks for all the advice guys, i will be making proposed changes soon :)

And how does that work out in real life terms?
Lets say I was looking to "make" a number of my choice like: freephone 123123, incoming only. What would that cost me monthly?
No idea tbh, probably cost more but all I've done is chosen my numbers from a list they have which start with the area codes that I'm advertising in

I use Tamar Communications. No idea how competitive they are but I recommend them.
Scrap that!! Been with Tamar coms a year or so and decided to add afew more numbers.
Nobody except myself and Tamar know I have these numbers as I haven't started advertising them yet, they're just sat dormant.
Anyway whilst ive always had people calling trying to flog me stuff, I've been getting a lot more over the past month.
Looking at my tamar monthly statement, I must have about a dozen calls on each of the numbers i don't use.
So not only are they selling my numbers on to advertisers so they can ring me, but they're also profiting from me having to pay for the calls when the advertisers ring me!
Don't touch Tamar communications. Iexpect all of the other communication companies selling numbers are doing the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Website Feedback in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Since July I've been self-building a 500sqft cabin which has been a perfect way to keep busy and away from others. It has been an incredible...
Replies
Views
Okay. So I have a ground floor shop and second floor flat for sale (potentially). No major need to get shot of them, but not a lot of point...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock