Search the forum,

Discuss Washing machine macerator: Grundfos v Saniflo - which is better? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elbows

Hello,
Rank amateur here, looking for advice on macerator pump brands.
We are installing a shower and washing machine in our basement. Annoyingly, we can't get through to a waste pipe that's low enough: we will have to pump the water up about 14 inches to the nearest waste pipe.
We have been advised to install a macerator pump.
We do not need it to deal with loo waste.
The two models that seem most sensible are:
Saniflo Sanivite (which says it can do washing machine and shower - ie hot soapy water).
Grundfos Sololift C3 (which says it can do washing machine and shower)

I've found deals that make them about the same price. I know Saniflo are longstanding providers (albeit with a bit of a bad rep), but that Grundfo make great pumps.

Would anyone favour one over the other, or recommend a different brand completely?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Hello,
Rank amateur here, looking for advice on macerator pump brands.
We are installing a shower and washing machine in our basement. Annoyingly, we can't get through to a waste pipe that's low enough: we will have to pump the water up about 14 inches to the nearest waste pipe.
We have been advised to install a macerator pump.
We do not need it to deal with loo waste.
The two models that seem most sensible are:
Saniflo Sanivite (which says it can do washing machine and shower - ie hot soapy water).
Grundfos Sololift C3 (which says it can do washing machine and shower)

I've found deals that make them about the same price. I know Saniflo are longstanding providers (albeit with a bit of a bad rep), but that Grundfo make great pumps.

Would anyone favour one over the other, or recommend a different brand completely?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Welcome to the forum, gonna be honest and say that I`m employed by one of brands mentioned but have worked on just about every pump they both make for +10yrs and there isn`t a lot between them. Gonna quickly add that there are cheaper pumps around but stay clear unless you want a new pump every year!

Saniflo are the oldest manufacture of these sort of pumps and are still the market leader but others are finally getting their game together so by the very fact that Saniflo sell more so you hear more horror stories, these stories are always about the macerator range and 9.5 out of 10 times the problem is misuse or poor installation.

To help you decide check how long each manufactures warranty is, do they have a team of service guys (you will need it cleaned out in time) and how much wil the service visit cost you and just to make it harder for you decide I will add Stuart Turner pumps as a third manufacture to consider.

Thanks so much for swift advice. The saniflo has two years' guarantee compared with the grundfos one year. So will probably go with that. But will check out stuart turner, too. Good to know that they're about the same quality, in any case. Here's hoping that without a wc we'll avoid most of the "misuse" problems!
Ta very much.

If you have the room then also consider the DAB Novabox which would be my choice because the tank is larger it doesn`t ativate so often and when it does ativate the noise level is much lower plus you can easily remove the lid and clean it inside yourself thus saving on a service visit. DAB make good strong pumps but are better known in the light commercial world. Funnily enough I have a new unused one I would like to exchange for beer tokens. :wink_smile:

PS Check the ativation level of the pump you chose and adjust the height of the shower tray to suit. Many people forget this at their peril.

Thanks, rpm. I have a few beer tokens to hand. Do you want to send me your contact details? Not sure if there is PM on this forum?

Also, will it be obvious from the manual how to find the activation level? The shower tray is 45mm on a solid concrete basement floor.

Remember to log in, so far only the first post has your user name.
Have sent you a pm, click on notifications along the top bar besides your name to retrive.

Doh, thanks.

Quick follow up question.
If you have the room then also consider the DAB Novabox which would be my choice because the tank is larger it doesn`t ativate so often and when it does ativate the noise level is much lower plus you can easily remove the lid and clean it inside yourself thus saving on a service visit.

The specs for nova box look as follows:
Features
Operating range: from 1 to 7,2 m3/h with head up to
6.9 metres.
Liquid temperature range: +50°C +90°C for a max.
time of 3 min.
Pumped liquid: waste water free from solids and/or
fibres.
Pump motor protection level: IP 68.
Motor insulation class: F.

Does this mean
1) You can shower for only 3 minutes?
2) It's unlikely to be able to cope with e.g. hair in the shower water as no macerator element?

Thanks

Liquid temperature range: +50°C +90°C for a max.
time of 3 min.

Does this mean
1) You can shower for only 3 minutes?
2) It's unlikely to be able to cope with e.g. hair in the shower water as no macerator element?

Thanks

No, that`s saying a max temp of 90 degrees C for 3 minutes and there is no macerator I am aware of that will chop hair. Most hair will go straight through the system and away but a good strainer in the shower is a good idea as is banning pregnant woman due to mass hair loss sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing machine macerator: Grundfos v Saniflo - which is better? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock