Search the forum,

Discuss Washing machine drain connection in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

New washing machine is the other side of the dishwasher therefore a longer drainage hose is required. I bought a 1.5m hose which I have connected to the existing hose, looked pretty tricky to replace the hose at the pump! I now have a 28mm rubber connector and a standard straight nozzle which McAlpine detail as max 24mm. Could someone advise the best solution.

Thanks,

Keith
FC36A20B-CE35-4D7B-B789-AFB9276FD87A.jpeg

Hello,

New washing machine is the other side of the dishwasher therefore a longer drainage hose is required. I bought a 1.5m hose which I have connected to the existing hose, looked pretty tricky to replace the hose at the pump! I now have a 28mm rubber connector and a standard straight nozzle which McAlpine detail as max 24mm. Could someone advise the best solution
Was it an extension or a replacement hose and were both ends the same size plus I can`t see any mention of the 24mm max size you mentioned.

Thanks for your replies. I will remember to remove the blank cap!

The hose was a replacement with two different sized ends, the smaller one was fine connecting to the washing machine hose with a plastic insert and a couple of jubilee clips, just this end is the problem. The 24mm measurement was for the white plastic spigot, so I will do as you say and clamp the 28mm down onto the 24mm. This is in my kids flat which I’m back at on Sunday. Thanks again.

Reply to Washing machine drain connection in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
My mum is trying to connect a washing machine and dishwasher in her kitchen. She got a guy out to do the job and he ended up making a hole in her...
Replies
Views
Had a new Kitchen fitted just before Xmas with integrated Washing Machine and Dishwasher (never again!) Appliances are located around 3.5m away...
Replies
Views
Hi i am new & useless at DIY i have old bulky plastic taps connected to my washing machine - due to new units being fit i need 3 cm more space at...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
My clothes washing machine drain pipe overflowed water when the machine was emptying, so I augered the pipe over 15 feet and I even had a plumber...
Replies
Views
Hello My daughter's Indesit Washing Machine is repeatedly filling with sewage and toilet paper up to approximately half way up the drum. She...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock