Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing or Appliance Fault? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Had a new Kitchen fitted just before Xmas with integrated Washing Machine and Dishwasher (never again!) Appliances are located around 3.5m away from the sink, in a corner, sink one side, appliances on the other. All hose lengths within manufacturers recommendations btw.

Washing Machine drum fills with dirty water after a couple of days of no use, one time it was over the level of the bottom of the door- cursory Google search suggests issue with plumbing as does the Manufacturer's website FAQ's. Plumber says call Manufacturer to sort, but loathe to do that as I'm not sure I'm going to get anywhere?

Anyway I know it would be really helpful from the picture attached to highlight which waste hose is Washing Machine and which one is the Dishwasher, but I don't. I'd assume the Washing Machine waste is the up and over on the left - if anyone has any ideas or advice, I'm "all ears".

Attachments

• Plumbing.png
    Plumbing.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
Have the plumbers extended the appliance drain hose ?

Also the hose needs to go upto the top first then back into the outlet

As the washing m/c is the one back filling I will guess it is the hose on the right because it is pointing downwards. Run one m/c on a short cycle and hold the hoses during draining and it will be clear which is which.

As the washing m/c is the one back filling I will guess it is the hose on the right because it is pointing downwards. Run one m/c on a short cycle and hold the hoses during draining and it will be clear which is which.
My assumption was incorrect - the hose on the right vibrates when you hold it during the cycle whilst the left one doesn't. So I'm assuming that's the problem and that hose needs extending (both hoses have extensions already) to get it up and over and that's causing the issue?

bad plumbing the hoses should come from the top and down, plus you always have w/m or d/w under the sink use .

McAlpine

Part Number: 24722
Manufacturer's Part Number: WM11

McAlpine Twin Nozzle Sink P Trap - 40mm, 75mm Seal​

Reply to Plumbing or Appliance Fault? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock