Search the forum,

Discuss Washing Machine filling with Sewage in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

My daughter's Indesit Washing Machine is repeatedly filling with sewage and toilet paper up to approximately half way up the drum. She lives in a basement flat with 3 other flats above. She has had numerous Drainage Experts and Plumbers out under the British Gas Homecare Agreement who now believe the fault lies with the washing machine for which is not covered under her Agreement. Her drains have been checked and seem to be running freely from toilet, bathroom and kitchen sink. Just prior to this problem occuring she had a new kitchen sink installed, the plumbing for which has been checked by another plumber. Any ideas or suggestions would be very gratefully received. Thank you.

The washing machine outlet should be installed to a point upstream of the trap or be installing into its own trap.
The outlet pipe from the washing machine should also be brought as high up to the top of the machine before it goes into a waste pipe.

Hard to explain to someone who is not familiar with plumbing installations.

Any possibility of pics of the washing machine waste pipe installation?

I assume washer is connected via the sink trap? Only possible way effluent can get in washer.
I would install a separate connection for washer using a hepvo trap with suitable up stand.

I assume washer is connected via the sink trap? Only possible way effluent can get in washer.
I would install a separate connection for washer using a hepvo trap with suitable up stand.
Thank you very much for your advice - I will ask my daughter to check when she gets home from work. Very much appreciated - thank you.

The washing machine outlet should be installed to a point upstream of the trap or be installing into its own trap.
The outlet pipe from the washing machine should also be brought as high up to the top of the machine before it goes into a waste pipe.

Hard to explain to someone who is not familiar with plumbing installations.

Any possibility of pics of the washing machine waste pipe installation?
Thank you very much for your reply. I will ask my daughter to take some photographs - probably be tomorrow now as working late.

Reply to Washing Machine filling with Sewage in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock