Search the forum,

Discuss Vokera boiler with 2 room thermostats in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I wonder if anyone here can help.

I have Vokera 29c boiler and there is no room thermostat in the house. Not a big house, definitely don't need 2 zones. What I would like to do is to get a room thermostat so that it only acts as on/off switch for the boiler which would be set to 'always on' with correct heating temp etc. Not interested in programmable thermostats or anything like that. Even the basic drayton with the spin wheel would suffice.

Now onto the question
Can I have 2 room thermostats for the same boiler so that 1 is upstairs and 1 downstairs? It's just for convenience if anyone upstairs (or downstairs) wants to switch the heating on.

Appreciate any info
Peter

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I will get one. I noticed that a lot of these contollers have the wired things mounted onto the boiler and then a wireless RF room thermostat. So do I buy 2 RF thermostats for that now and then the elctrician can figure out how to wire it all so that in effect the room tgermostats just act as on/off switches?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I will get one. I noticed that a lot of these contollers have the wired things mounted onto the boiler and then a wireless RF room thermostat. So do I buy 2 RF thermostats for that now and then the elctrician can figure out how to wire it all so that in effect the room tgermostats just act as on/off switches?
It will need alterations to the heating circuit aswell to split the upstairs and downstairs circuits and a zone valve fitted on each I wouldn't buy anything to you have consulted both trades. The electrician will need to install a relay or two to allow these to work independently. Regards Kop

It will need alterations to the heating circuit aswell to split the upstairs and downstairs circuits and a zone valve fitted on each I wouldn't buy anything to you have consulted both trades. The electrician will need to install a relay or two to allow these to work independently. Regards Kop

I was thinking zone valves and relays, but can they not just both be wired on switched lives, making sure that only one is working at a given time, or would it be best if it worked,like 2 way switching?

Thanks a lot for your answers. I will get them to spec it out and then go shopping

I was thinking zone valves and relays, but can they not just both be wired on switched lives, making sure that only one is working at a given time, or would it be best if it worked,like 2 way switching?
You need to stop it flowing to each circuit independently a Auto bypass, zone valves and a couple of Nrv 's to stop it creeping down the return is how I would do it then you cover all options . Kop

You need to stop it flowing to each circuit independently a Auto bypass, zone valves and a couple of Nrv 's to stop it creeping down the return is how I would do it then you cover all options . Kop
Thinking probably easier to just get a smart room thermostat installed. That eay the heating can be switched on and off from wherever, upstairs or downstairs. Should be simpler that all that.

Reply to Vokera boiler with 2 room thermostats in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am wondering if it's worth turning on the optimum start and stop features? There is also something called TPI (chronoproportional control) but I'm not sure how...
Replies
Views
Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator icon never stops flashing implying the rads are calling for more heat, even though they're all red hot and have been for hours, is this a fault or just...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar 18Ri to short cycle. So, the moment it gets cold outside my boiler works for about a minute, then stops, and starts again in about 5 minutes, then...
Replies
Views
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get warmer than others despite closing off the skirting radiator heat vent. They are designed to house the finned heating pipe and a return pipe, the latter...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the downstairs radiators and zone 2 all of the upstairs radiators ? I have thermostat room programmer down the stairs and another one upstairs. I think the two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock