Discuss Vibrating water pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all i'm looking for a bit of advice,i turned the water off at the stopcock to sort a dripping bath tap and since i've turned it back on i'm getting a vibration from somewhere even when the taps/CH are off, but when i get the vibration when the CH is on the vibration goes when i turn the hot tap on.
Up to now i've tried opening the stopcock fully and having it half open.
I hope this makes sense.
Thanks in advance.

This is often cause by a worn loose Jumper in the stopcock by closing it and opening it , when you operate a tap the jumper is banging sending vibrations through your cold main supply pipework and around the house it will need replacing a short term fix is close the valve to the minium you can . cheers kop

Screenshot_2017-12-10-07-09-32.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vibrating water pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a problem with noise and vibrations from my shower when i first turn it on. The problem lasts for about 30 seconds after the shower is...
Replies
Views
I had new taps fitted within the last year on my bathroom sink. When turning on both the hot or cold tap, there is a vibration/squeaking noise, if...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Thanks in advance for your advice... As the title mentions, my issue is with the water pipes of the house causing the floor to...
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock