Search the forum,

Discuss Vanity unit overflow / waste.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IanB

Hi everyone,

Newbie here, any help appreciated. Was in the trade for 20 odd years but moved into FM (ok, I know....):wacko: so am a bit rusty but still do everything around the house etc.

I have a cupboard mounted vanity basin (Qualitex Eden 40) which has a leaking waste. House is only 4 years old and it must have been an issue since new as it's covered in silicon etc.....

Anyway, I've stripped it all out to start afresh. It's pretty basic but the basin doesn't have a cast-in overflow. It's been fitted with a slotted click waste and an overflow tube that joins to a plastic ring that fits between the 1.1/4" nut and the basin base. It was leaking from the waste and I've remade all that with new washers, sealed thread etc and that's fine. What I can't find is a new overflow ring and tube assembly - the part that goes through the basin with the chrome ring on is cracked. No makers name on it and it needs to go through a basin wall of around 1" thick. I've been onto Qualitex who reckon they don't provide the waste kit as part of the unit (I doubt this but....).

Wonder if anyone knows of such a part?

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum's Ian...try the MacAlpine website...regards Turnpin:welcome:

It's called a banjo waste fitting. Might be easier to replace the lot.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Thanks to all. In response.....

Agree it's a banjo fitting. However the overflow fitting is odd.

It's almost the same as an overflow elbow but the chrome decorative ring has a male threaded tail long enough to go through the basin wall, which screws into the female elbow show in the 2nd picture. Obviously it's made of the softest material known to man and has given up completely.

The banjo fitting is attached to a normal click clack waste so no need for a chain etc.

The overflow elbow has a female thread in it, and attaches to the flexible tube by an oval shaped push arrangement - no seal etc.

Most odd......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vanity unit overflow / waste.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock