• Replies 8
  • Views 80
  • van

Discuss van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

I need a bigger slightly newer van how do I put this in my books and what can I claim and how

It depends on two things:

1) How you acquire the van (ie contract hire, lease purchase, outright purchase etc) and
2) What legal structure you are using (ie sole trader, ltd company).

Presumably 2) is already decided - but have you decided on 1) yet?

Edit - sorry - should also have picked up on the VAT issue! A third point to consider.

It depends on two things:

1) How you acquire the van (ie contract hire, lease purchase, outright purchase etc) and
2) What legal structure you are using (ie sole trader, ltd company).

Presumably 2) is already decided - but have you decided on 1) yet?

Edit - sorry - should also have picked up on the VAT issue! A third point to consider.

sole trader ray looking at vans about £3000 purchased outright or is better to have on loan (can intrest be claimed back

Hi buckley. Do u do your own books or are u just starting , alot of folks do own books. I do mine but use an accountant at end of year and he keeps me right on any querries i have on expendeture and van purchases. A good accountant will save u ££s and advise but a bad one will cost u ££s

If you can afford to purchase it outright, do so. I you had a loan, you can claim tax relief on the interest, but you are Still paying interest.
you can claim tax relief on depreciation, best ask your accountant about how much. None of this will be claimed until your year end.

Hi buckley. Do u do your own books or are u just starting , alot of folks do own books. I do mine but use an accountant at end of year and he keeps me right on any querries i have on expendeture and van purchases. A good accountant will save u ££s and advise but a bad one will cost u ££s

do my own books mate and take to tax shop for them to do end of year input

might be wrong, but as I know the workings of some of these tax shop enterprises (my unqualified son set one up online and ran it ok a while back), they will just run your accounts as exp. v income and keep it as simple as possible. A decent accountant will cost a similar amount and actually try and get you the best deal possible ussing hmrc protocols and better methods of accounting. Case in hand , just did my own year end accounts and worked out my profit and hence tax owed, passed on the books to my accountant who reduced my written down profit by several thousand and reducing my tax burden by a couple of grand, all perfectly legally for £350 costs, which is also tax deductable :) win win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a toilet, sink plunger. It’s not something I do a lot of, but it will be handy to carry on the van, for when needed. Don’t...
Replies
Views
I was sent an engineer by Ideal Heating to fix a problem with my system. When he left he drove over a pot of sealing compound (which must have...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I removed the tile floor in my bathroom to fit vinyl and I noticed that the loo now leaks slightly when I flush it. I haven’t put the vinyl down...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I’ve got a job today where I’m out in the middle of nowhere and the complaint is water passing into the toilet pan constantly. Now I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock