Search the forum,

Discuss van parts kit for boiler repairs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marco

Building up on boiler repair experience now, and I've heard a few people say that you can have a basic kit of say thermisters, air pressure switches, diaphgrams etc which can cover a wide range of combis. But when you look somewhere like abcot there isn't much crossover between different boilers. I'm not looking to spend a fortune or have parts that will never be used, but would be handy to have a basic kit for out of hours etc.

Any one have any good tips for some basic spares that could cover a wide range of boilers?

Grey button gas valve
Thermocouple
Ferolli thermisters and ot stats (perfect for testing other brand boilers too)
Worcester red silicone tube for aps pipes
Various fuses
Fibre washers
The boxes of rubber o rings imperial and metric
Fire proof silicone
Length of asbestos rope

Worcester red burner seals and tool(if you have custards with this style Worcester)

At one point I used to keep a Worcester fan too (one ending in 4530) not so much nowadays

Sorry

Worcester filling keys
Large and small

Grey button gas valve - Which one/s though?
Thermocouple - Which one/s though?
Ferolli thermisters and ot stats (perfect for testing other brand boilers too) - Which one/s though?

Worcester red silicone tube for aps pipes
Various fuses
Fibre washers
The boxes of rubber o rings imperial and metric
Fire proof silicone
Length of asbestos rope

Worcester red burner seals and tool(if you have custards with this style Worcester)

At one point I used to keep a Worcester fan too (one ending in 4530) not so much nowadays

Thanks a lot SimonJohns, that was the sort of thing i was looking for, but how do you decide which of the many to stock?

Depends on the area your working and what you have alot of

In my area we have a million Baxi bbu
Many ferrolis

But in the next valley theres loads of baxis and vallaints

All depends on where you are and your customer base

I got things on my van that alot of ppl won't carry

I got a 6" inflatable gas bag
Gasket material
24mm bolts and nuts
Blanking plates
Gascos
Various probes and thermisters

Also

Old Worcester divertor valves is good too as these were used in loads of boilers in different orientations

regain boiler first aid kit, dunno if it is much cop but looks pretty in my van with all my installers gear :)

A latop with internet access so that you can order bits on line and have them delivered pronto..!

regain boiler first aid kit, dunno if it is much cop but looks pretty in my van with all my installers gear :)

I hadn't thought about an off the shelf kit like this. Got some of that already - fuses, washers etc, but might be worth having some spare screws etc for when they are missing or escape!

Loads of baxi early combis round here, which made me think about about getting some diaphram repairs kits, APS's etc. But even so they still vary with different models from what I can see.

Loads of baxi early combis round here, which made me think about about getting some diaphram repairs kits, APS's etc. But even so they still vary with different models from what I can see.

Use a suitable aps while you pop to parts centre.

I know this will prob spark outrage but. I will use a aps with a higher differential pressure setting just to get certain people some heating (elderly in middle of winter etc). I will only do this if I have spoken to supplier and I know it's on shelf and I can be back same day

On commercial boilers I can do lots of things to boilers. But on domestic the regs are alot tighter and your quite restricted

look here Heating Parts ideal for building van stock at the right price,get some adjustable Honeywell aps they fit 8 out of 10 boilers

look here Heating Parts ideal for building van stock at the right price,get some adjustable Honeywell aps they fit 8 out of 10 boilers

Cheers Gasman and SimonJohns this is the logic I was looking for! How do you know what rating an APS is and if a match or temporary fix while one ordered though? Up to now I've just ordered from The likes if Euro Boiler/Abcot or Gas Appliance Spares what ever they say is the part or compatible. Had to wait 1 1/2 weeks though for an HUBA APS that was for a Potterton, that was even out of stock at BAXI - I was told!

Similar question with gas fire thermocouples as well - how do you know when a universal will do rather than a specific one that may be out of stock?

when rating a aps just try putting the combustion door back on if it crashes its set to low,when adjusted correctly slowly squeeze the + tube if it crashes its doing its job preventing the burner firing if the fan fails, if a super universal fits a fire etc and keeps the pilot lit thats all your looking for

Building up on boiler repair experience now, and I've heard a few people say that you can have a basic kit of say thermisters, air pressure switches, diaphgrams etc which can cover a wide range of combis. But when you look somewhere like abcot there isn't much crossover between different boilers. I'm not looking to spend a fortune or have parts that will never be used, but would be handy to have a basic kit for out of hours etc.

Any one have any good tips for some basic spares that could cover a wide range of boilers?

Excellent thread topic Marco. Have been wondering the same. may depend on what is the majority boiler or brand in your area as to what parts are worth tying money up in.

edit: got in on this thread late and someone beat me to my point. some great info and tips submitted thanks for the link Gasman will have a browse. aps tips were handy too.

Last edited:
if you take any boilers out i keep the pcb if its working and ive used in the early days on repairs when i lacked experience to prove it wasa faulty board before ordering another one , also i keep a ideal isar board always on the van as theres hundred if not thousands round here and i propably use it ever three month saves a trip to the suppliers and customer is well happy

10 litre expn vessel n hanging bracket for robo fit, baxi diaphragms for divertors with n without centre hole, but a needle through the middle will work while you get the right one after xmas!

Alpha do an oring set which is about ÂŁ19 it's got about every washer a man may ever need.

Get a bag of Vokera DHW sensor washers, they are alu and fix the dreaded drip on all Baxi DHW sensors and much better than fiber ones!

Vokera Venturi
Baxi ignition electrode bottle vent. Filling loop.
Regin case seals
Regin boiler first aid kit
Regin ID stickers !!!!!
105 pcb
Isar pcb
Wb thermisters and turbine
Pump heads
Baxi plate
Valliant flow switch
Universal burner door insulation pad
Eco tec/ glow worm graphite door seal
Conny trap for 105 series boiler

I didn't know you could get universal insulation pads. Got a link?

Was a ferolli part, a sheet u had to butcher to fit a falcon I think? Can be cut easily will hunt out part number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to van parts kit for boiler repairs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these ÂŁ300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or HW.. ( I had to dig backwards from the customers phone number he had) . Turns out the email for invoice i asked for is fake, dont reply to my text...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant near me but they all need to ring Firebird who are closed till next week. I wonder if anyone can help me find this part please? It's a pressure sensor...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock