Discuss Vaillant Eco Tec 831 has become incontinent with age. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Vaillant Eco Tec 831 has become incontinent with age.

So, a Vaillant EcoTec 831 installed in 2011. No major issues; I flush it and refill with Sentinel every year or so. Give the filter a wash and good for the winter. This time I noticed a slight drip off the casing. Opened it up and the bottom is 5mm deep and has been for a while. Hopefully, you can see the attached image; judging by the stain, the issue appears to be the crimped joint on the mains inlet losing about 2 litres every 24 hours of run-time. Is this a Vaillant part I could swap or does it need the loving touch of a professional?

View attachment Vaillant Eco Tec 831.jpg

Vaillant Eco Tec 831 has become incontinent with age.

So, a Vaillant EcoTec 831 installed in 2011. No major issues; I flush it and refill with Sentinel every year or so. Give the filter a wash and good for the winter. This time I noticed a slight drip off the casing. Opened it up and the bottom is 5mm deep and has been for a while. Hopefully, you can see the attached image; judging by the stain, the issue appears to be the crimped joint on the mains inlet losing about 2 litres every 24 hours of run-time. Is this a Vaillant part I could swap or does it need the loving touch of a professional?

View attachment 35326

You could do with a Gas Safe Engineer.

I’m afraid you’ve done all you can. You shouldn’t be removing the case as this forms a combustion seal and needs to be replaced and checked by a gas safe engineer

Thanks for the replies folks. Useful to know about the gas seal. I've advertised for a Gas Safe engineer on the MyBuilder site. I'm guessing s/he can check the combustion etc at the same time. Despite all the banter between sparks and plumbers; you have my respect. Plumbing is way more frustrating than electrical work.

Thanks for the replies folks. Useful to know about the gas seal. I've advertised for a Gas Safe engineer on the MyBuilder site. I'm guessing s/he can check the combustion etc at the same time. Despite all the banter between sparks and plumbers; you have my respect. Plumbing is way more frustrating than electrical work.
you a sparks ?? wtf let you in !!! :D:D

Reply to Vaillant Eco Tec 831 has become incontinent with age. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I
Dear All, Please kindly advise, i don't know what else to do! Had new boiler Vaillant 424 heat only open vent boiler installed with new flue and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello We've just moved house which has a Vaillant Eco Tec Pro 24 with a timer unit. There is no room thermostat and I am told you can add a...
Replies
Views
We have a Vaillant Ecotec 415 system boiler, about 11 years old. It has been serviced annually (most recently in Sept 2021) and we've had a couple...
Replies
Views
Evening All, Hoping some plumbing/heating engineers/other knowledgable folk on here might be able to assist with some questions about my new...
Replies
Views
S
Hello, I have had to replace my Vaillant 824/2E boiler as it was written off due to a leaking combustion...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock