Search the forum,

Discuss Using PTFE tape and Jet Blue sealing compound on a cold tank - Oops? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 65649

Had intermittent leaky cold water tank, with help from you guys I replaced and sorted the problem. Loft now drying out at last.
Unfortunately I saw the instructions from Ferham tanks after I had fitted all the pipes which says don't use any sealing compound on the cold water tank. Some older compounds must be worse than others, some newer ones you must be able to get away with? Is plumb centre jet blue in your experience particular detrimental to tanks over time? I can't do anything now but would be invested in your practical experience, so I and others know.
Thanks

I always use for compression fitting Jet blue compound but never for plastic, I got taught that compound eats the rubber and plastic after a while therefore it makes the seal unseal.

Ptfe is good to seal but usually if you plumb right you wouldn't need ptfe.

I literally do not use ptfe very very rarely most of the time loctite which is amazing stuff.its more cost effective but good.

I think he meant its not as cost effective as ptfe but locktite is better than ptfe

I am sorry foringer mistake ... I meant that loctite is more cost effective but it works good. Ptfe works good too but I rather use loctite :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry foringer mistake ... I meant that loctite is more cost effective but it works good. Ptfe works good too but I rather use loctite :)
Loctite costs more. Cost effective means almost the opposite, its something that costs little compared to how good it is. Cost effective = value for money :)

Loctite costs more. Cost effective means almost the opposite, its something that costs little compared to how good it is. Cost effective = value for money :)

Now I got it:)

Thanks mate.

I just meant that loctite cost more but works pretty good:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Using PTFE tape and Jet Blue sealing compound on a cold tank - Oops? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock