Search the forum,

Discuss Using PTFE tape and Jet Blue sealing compound on a cold tank - Oops? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 65649

Had intermittent leaky cold water tank, with help from you guys I replaced and sorted the problem. Loft now drying out at last.
Unfortunately I saw the instructions from Ferham tanks after I had fitted all the pipes which says don't use any sealing compound on the cold water tank. Some older compounds must be worse than others, some newer ones you must be able to get away with? Is plumb centre jet blue in your experience particular detrimental to tanks over time? I can't do anything now but would be invested in your practical experience, so I and others know.
Thanks

I always use for compression fitting Jet blue compound but never for plastic, I got taught that compound eats the rubber and plastic after a while therefore it makes the seal unseal.

Ptfe is good to seal but usually if you plumb right you wouldn't need ptfe.

I literally do not use ptfe very very rarely most of the time loctite which is amazing stuff.its more cost effective but good.

I think he meant its not as cost effective as ptfe but locktite is better than ptfe

I am sorry foringer mistake ... I meant that loctite is more cost effective but it works good. Ptfe works good too but I rather use loctite :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry foringer mistake ... I meant that loctite is more cost effective but it works good. Ptfe works good too but I rather use loctite :)
Loctite costs more. Cost effective means almost the opposite, its something that costs little compared to how good it is. Cost effective = value for money :)

Loctite costs more. Cost effective means almost the opposite, its something that costs little compared to how good it is. Cost effective = value for money :)

Now I got it:)

Thanks mate.

I just meant that loctite cost more but works pretty good:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Using PTFE tape and Jet Blue sealing compound on a cold tank - Oops? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi im hoping someone on here can offer some sound advice. Ive bought new taps and flexi hoses for my bathroom sink. They are plumbed in using solid pipework. Underneath the sink halfway down the pipe is an isolation valve for both taps, there the kind where u have to use a flathead screwdriver...
Replies
Views
I have two 114 litre / 25 gallon cold water storage (header) tanks connected in series in my loft. They feed the cold water taps on my baths (including the showers) and the hot water cylinder. They are open top, rectangular tanks, but have insulation jackets with integral lids - that is, the lid...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I hope this is the right section to post this, so here goes. If not, my apologies, newbie here. I am removing a radiator in my 1995 wimpy house (Im sure that strikes terror into the heart of any experienced builder) for decorating purposes. Let's just say they never mist coated...
Replies
Views
Hi all, This is my first post as a new member. Thanks in advance for any help or guidance. Here's my situation... We recently moved to a smallholding in a rural location. First time we have owned a house with a septic tank. There are two routes to the septic tank, one round the back of the...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around here ‘Shy bairnes get nowt’! My children (10 and 8 at the time) were lucky enough to be given an above ground 15ft round swimming pool from some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock