Search the forum,

Discuss US bidet seat connection UK in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning.
I've purchased a Brondel Bidet seat (basic,non-electric) and fitted it to my UK close-coupled toilet.
I knew it would come with US fittings but researched before purchasing and saw that NTP to BSP adaptors were fairly readily available so thought that connection to the cold feed to the toilet would be straightforward enough.
The included T-connector is described as 7/8 x 7/8 x 3/8 with the flexi-hose connecting to the 3/8 and to the same on the bidet seat itself. By referencing pipe thread tables, I doubted this 3/8 value and obtained an adaptor that gave me a 1/4 NTP male to connect the flexi to. This proved to be (just) too small and the threads seem much 'coarser' than on the incuded T. I contacted Brondel who confirmed that the male on the T was 3/8 so acquired a further adaptor to give a 3/8 NTP male (to take the flexi). I just knew this 3/8 male would be too big to and this proved to be the case.
I must be missing something. This 7/8 x 7/8 x 3/8 T seems a fairly standard connector in the US but what on earth are the actual threads?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks,
Steve

Reply to US bidet seat connection UK in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to source adaptors/reducers for the below taps for my renocation We have the tap ware currently but Union adaptors are needed to fit the Australian copper pipe sizes of ½ and ¾ Can anyone suggest where to get these? Thank you in advance Antony Tap 1 From the USA - has a 3/8 pt...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from. Why I think its I've used calipers on the threads and counted them, and the male end sticking out of the vessel is BSPT 3/4 with 14 threads per inch...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - I have an old outside tap with male thread but struggling to find a right hosepipe connection after the other one broke. The top of the old broken connector still screws on but the 3/4 ones I've bought don't fit. I've thought of buying female brass hosepipe connector might solve...
Replies
Views
Purchased a Grohe Basin Tap with has 3/8" flexi tails., but i notice the flexi's have no internal washer. I have purchased 2 Compression 15mm x 3/8" tap connectors from screwfix.... Part No.: 6089R and will fit these into two 15mm isolating valves. The question i have is that will i need to...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock