Search the forum,

Discuss US bidet seat connection UK in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning.
I've purchased a Brondel Bidet seat (basic,non-electric) and fitted it to my UK close-coupled toilet.
I knew it would come with US fittings but researched before purchasing and saw that NTP to BSP adaptors were fairly readily available so thought that connection to the cold feed to the toilet would be straightforward enough.
The included T-connector is described as 7/8 x 7/8 x 3/8 with the flexi-hose connecting to the 3/8 and to the same on the bidet seat itself. By referencing pipe thread tables, I doubted this 3/8 value and obtained an adaptor that gave me a 1/4 NTP male to connect the flexi to. This proved to be (just) too small and the threads seem much 'coarser' than on the incuded T. I contacted Brondel who confirmed that the male on the T was 3/8 so acquired a further adaptor to give a 3/8 NTP male (to take the flexi). I just knew this 3/8 male would be too big to and this proved to be the case.
I must be missing something. This 7/8 x 7/8 x 3/8 T seems a fairly standard connector in the US but what on earth are the actual threads?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks,
Steve

Reply to US bidet seat connection UK in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock