Discuss Unpredictable flow from bathroom sink taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cascarita

Hi everybody, I'm a newbie here, so please forgive me if this question has been answered elsewhere...

I live in a 3 floor Victorian terrace where the flow from both hot and cold taps has recently become very erratic, but only those connected to the sink in the middle floor bathroom. Sometimes there is no flow from either the hot or cold taps, while at other times I can get water out of a tap, but how much comes out depends on how much I open the tap, and this seems completely random: Sometimes water will come out only when I open up the tap fully, while at other times I can only get water out with the tap half open, but not fully open. Sometimes I have to wait a little while before the water arrives and sometimes it lasts for mebbes 5 seconds then stops completely. Sometimes there's no flow at all... Bloody annoying!

Weirdly enough, the taps in the top bathroom (bath and sink) seem to have good flow at all times, as do the bath taps in the middle bathroom. This makes me think that this is not a water pressure supply problem...

Dunno if this helps, but the heating/HW is supplied by a combi boiler, which is also powering the shower (not electric).

Anybody got any ideas as to how to fix these cursed taps?

All other taps everywhere else working correctly??

Yup. No probs with any of the others, but hot and cold taps both seem to be affected in just this one room.

i think i would look to opening the taps and looking at the inserts to see if they were working correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unpredictable flow from bathroom sink taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had an eco tec plus 836 combi installed as part of an oil to gas conversion. One thing I can’t work out is why the bathroom sink hot...
Replies
Views
I had new taps fitted within the last year on my bathroom sink. When turning on both the hot or cold tap, there is a vibration/squeaking noise, if...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need to replace the kitchen tap, all my neighbours have two single taps in their kitchen and bathroom whereas I have a single...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock