Discuss Unlevel toilet bowl and not floor in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,
I’ve recently fitted two toilets in the same property and found that I needed to level them. Initially I thought it was the floor but it’s actually the toilet bowls themselves. I’m assuming that as they are made of ceramics they could be slightly out in terms of accuracy? Is this semi common?

I suppose its down to the quality and price of the toilets. I've had many a defect over the years with misshapen spigots/ moulds etc so could just be unlucky

Just make sure it doesn’t rock, by packing at appropriate places if necessary.
As to whether to level it or not, for me it depends how it looks to the naked eye.
For example if the out of level shows up by the cistern not being parallel to a vertical grout line then I would adjust it. But the same pan against a painted wall I would probably leave it where it naturally sat.
Go by eye - and make sure it can’t wobble and you’re good to go.

Reply to Unlevel toilet bowl and not floor in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone Moved into a 5 year old ‘new build’ property recently and the toilet was leaking from where the tank meets the bowl. Nothing...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have a commercial customer who asked me a few months ago to investigate a toilet that kept blocking. They'd just had the blockage...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This...
Replies
Views
Hello all , So, very recently had an unvented cylinder put in inplace of the old gravity emersion tank we had, which fed our pumped quartz shower...
Replies
Views
Hi All, So something may be slightly different to the usual posts and looking for some advise or whether anyone has been in a similar predicament...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock