Search the forum,

Discuss Aqualisa Quartz not hot enough in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all ,
So, very recently had an unvented cylinder put in inplace of the old gravity emersion tank we had, which fed our pumped quartz shower .
We had a new digital processor installed to suit the unvented system but kept the riser rail, showerhead and control unit which we connected to the new digital processor. ( the older pumped unit itself that we changed was only three years old itself ).
The issue we are having is that even on the hottest setting on the digital shower the water is only very warm at best.
I’ve turned it to the highest setting in the actual processor but it’s made no difference. I’ve tried turning the power off to the processor for an hour in the hope that it may reset itself but that hasn’t worked either . The hot water from the unvented cylinder coming out of the taps is very hot so I can’t see that the cylinder is the problem.
The shower water also seems to momentarily go cold if you turn the control even slightly.
The blue light remains on constantly even when the shower is off ,I can’t remember that being the case when we had the pumped unit.
I’m not sure if there’s a factory set max temp for the water or if there’s another method of altering the water temperature on the processor or on the control unit in the shower.

Hopefully the plumber is coming back to take a look but if anyone has any pointers or advice that would be great . Cheers.

Does the shower have its own internal pump, pumping both hot&cold or had you got a external pump that boosted the hot only with the gravity cold to the shower or what is the set up now regarding unvented cylinder etc?.

Does the shower have its own internal pump, pumping both hot&cold or had you got a external pump that boosted the hot only with the gravity cold to the shower or what is the set up now regarding unvented cylinder etc?.
Hi John
Thanks for reply ,
The new digital processor unit is just a mixer for the hot and cold , the pressure for both hot and cold now come from the unvented cylinder, as I understand it is that the cylinders give hot water pressure as the mains cold, which seems to be the case as the hot water pressure from the hot taps is as strong as the cold .

Generally, but not always, a unvented cylinder provides cold water taken after the cylinder PRV to give balanced hot and cold, some shower mixers can be very sensitive to different hot/cold pressures, yours seems to be balanced?. Also presume you have a PRV set on the HW cylinder.

They are correct eg hot is into the hot side and cold is into the cold ?

Generally, but not always, a unvented cylinder provides cold water taken after the cylinder PRV to give balanced hot and cold, some shower mixers can be very sensitive to different hot/cold pressures, yours seems to be balanced?. Also presume you have a PRV set on the HW cylinder.
Ok thanks for the info , may have to talk to Aqualisa see what they say , yes the balance seems good and the PRV are set on the cylinder .

I believe when this happens the wall controller is faulty. I've had one customer say this before, funnily enough after a new box, and Aqualisa replaced the Wall Controller.

I just buy the whole lot from Screwfix now as it's cheaper than buying a box direct from Aqualisa.

Reply to Aqualisa Quartz not hot enough in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock