Search the forum,

Discuss unknown device under stairs RAD44? It might be a poump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jcpreston22

Im fixing up space under stairs and removing old pipes. There is a round ancient cast pump? I think with the designation RAD44 on it. Does anyone know what its for? We are a semi with a shared main. I cant tell where it comes from and there is a copper 3/4 coming off the input side going off into the wall. There is a red knob on the top and a mains cable coming into it. The cupboard had been used as an airing cupboard in the past. Bent copper pipe had been run around the cupboard to circulate warm water but this Pump? does not seem to have been connected to that. Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to unknown device under stairs RAD44? It might be a poump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
my bathroom sink (installed 2017) was broken recently and needs replacing. on inspection there is no brand name and only a few markings so I'm guessing its a trade sink that plumbers would buy. The sink has 1708 indented in the china which i guess is a model number but doesnt show up on google...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors. The waste stack is internal and bricked into corner of the bathroom. I noticed paint peeling and brown staining recently at the bottom near the...
Replies
Views
There is a drip coming from the ceiling in the living room and down the inside of a shared wall. There is no plumbing upstairs except in the bathroom. No radiator in the room above where the drip is. There is one in the bathroom which hasn't worked for years - the house has no central heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock