Search the forum,

Discuss Underground copper pipe question. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonyacktar

I have just run some copper pipe and a 4 inch concrete floor has been poured over it. I used ordinary table X 15mm tube wrapped in foam insulation no joints in the pipe just two machine bends.

It's only now that i realise i should have used table Y copper tube.
Question is if i leave it is it likely to cause problems in the future the floor will eventually be tiled so if i have to dig it up i would rather do it now.

Any help would be apprieciated.

did you not wrap denso round it or put in a channel, what is the copper pipe for

If the floor has a damp proof membrane below it & the insulated pipe is above the membrane, then pipe should be okay, although a plastic barrier sheet over the insulated pipe would have been better.

The pipe is a cold feed for the utility room. It is wrapped in foam insulation and bedded in sand and lime to stop any acidic corrosion with concrete poured over it. No denso tape used.

I would have used plastic coated copper. By the time you have fitted normal copper then bought foam lagging on top and all the other stuff, it is probably cheaper and less labour intensive.

Lime can eat into copper if it comes into contact with it might be worth seeing if you can find another route now before you put your tiles down..good luck regards Turnpin:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underground copper pipe question. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
I have some internal water pipes (some plastic, some copper) that have to go under the kitchen floor. There is no way around having to do this. Rest of floor is concrete and pipes are currently in a trench (approx 5-6 cms deep, 4-5 cms wide). The trench will need to be concreted over before...
Replies
Views
TAGolko
T
Hello, I hope someone can help me. I'm in England. I would like to know if it's okay to bury copper water pipes under a concrete floor. I've tried to look up the regs but's it's like double dutch to me. The pipes will be wrapped in hessian, overlaid with PIR insulation and then screed. I don't...
Replies
Views
HI Plumbers, I need some advice on our chased-in pipes. We had plumbers tell us an array of different things. Questions: 1) Do copper pipes need insulation? 2) if so what type? 3) Do Pex pipes need insulation? 3) if so what type? I know they have been done already but I'm going to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have bare pipes under the kitchen sink and also in a cupboard next to my bathroom. Is it a good idea to put foam wrap on them and if so should the wrap be on both hot and cold water pipes or just the hot water pipes? Thank you any advice would be appreciated.
Replies
Views
Hi, In the process of a new build and we have routed a MDPE pipe through a lintel in the DPC but unable to bend it to the correct location due to the bend radius. I have now made the bend radius suitable for the bend but the pipe has no support underneath. Will it be better to put in a 90 degree...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock