Discuss Underfloor heating, Rads, TRV's?????????????????????????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubar1000

Gas Engineer
Morning all, firstly, HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'v got a custom that I'v done a bit of work for over the last 2 years. I'v now got to price up a new wall hung heat store boiler for them on Monday.
They have underfloor heating down stairs & rads up stairs.
Now I'm not sure if the rads have TRV's fitted, but if not & I fit them, have I got to leave 1 rad without a TRV like a normal C/H system?
Many thanks people & enjoy the weekend!!!

i guess your going to have a room stat controlling the heating upstairs, the room or landing where room stat is located would not have a TRV fitted, otherwise they could work against each other, IE if TRV was turned down & room stat was turned up it could get very hot in other rooms before room stat would shut down,

No trv on rad that room stat is in unless the rads are on a manifold to then no trvs

Jump on anytime

Easy tiger :)

No trv on radiator in room with room stat as they may oppose one another, with a trv on the radiator may shut down before the stat is satisfied therefore allowing the boiler to continue to run and being controlled on the boiler stat alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor heating, Rads, TRV's?????????????????????????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, I have a customer with a heavily extended semi which now has 4 beds, 2 bathroom and 5 reception rooms. They have started working...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock