Search the forum,

Discuss ufh heating on 20+ hours a day in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

As above. Ideally it'd be less.

This might be the wrong forum for the Q. But the system is actually working fine. the system is in the 15mm insulation boards above a tar subfloor.

Are my next steps to start getting cavity wall insulation etc etc?

Sounds like the slab is not very well insulated

Reply to ufh heating on 20+ hours a day in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have two adjoining cottages, each with an identical UFH system downstairs. Both been going fine for around five years. But for the last few weeks, one of the systems doesn't seem to be running most of the time. Essentially the UFH does "work", in that I can turn the thermostat right up, and...
Replies
Views
Hello all. First time posting so apologies if this is answered elsewhere. I am close to completing a purchase of my first flat, an ex-council place from the 1960s built in the usual concrete slab and brick. At present there is some ghastly pipe work for the radiators sprawling round every...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have domestic water based UFH - 20 years old. House is 100 years old with 5 beds. UFH everywhere. Works okay but perhaps could be better. Top of house is coldest. I have newish worcester boiler(Greenstar 8000 life). System is on 4 different storeys, 5 manifolds and perhaps 18 loops...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system installed in 2003 and manufactured by Underfloor Direct in NI - Now out of business. It's one of their triple tube systems and hasn't given me much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am appealing for some advice and direction on replacing the heating control system in my house. Ill try to describe as best I can. Looking for a bit of info as not having much luck with trades. Oil Boiler operated by a Honeywell Smartfit Programmer. Not sure if its Y or S but controls...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock