Discuss UFH Conundrum - No flow through manifold. Please Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats in a shocking state and needs to be changed

Looking at your manifold 3 loops 2,3 and 4 looks to me that they havent not been set. Basically need to know the length of the pipe to calculate the flow rate. Length divede be 40= flow rate
Say 80:40=2 so 2litres of water per minute so you set that to 2.
Thanks for the info, but the photo is misleading - the first flow meter is stuck (it doesn't return to zero when the system is switched off). I've tried adjusting the flow rates, but nothing makes the flow meters drop apart from closing the mixing valve.

state of the pipework eg the flux hasnt been cleaned off / unnecessary elbows been used

no port valves on the system (best to have underfloor systems on an splan/s+plan)

no auto bypass

looks like a system boiler so wheres the prv pipe

i would say expansion vessel is undersized

condense pipe too small as its going through the wall (white pipe)

Not the best install I've seen but one thing you could try is disconnect each actuator individually and with the system calling for heat, push the pin in on manifold to make sure its free see if you get any flow through the loop with the head removed, kop

Dont think anyone will be able to tell you just by looking at those pics and description you given as it could be a number of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to UFH Conundrum - No flow through manifold. Please Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below...
Replies
Views
Hello, Have had a leak on my UFH manifold. Originally incorrectly diagnosed as being the nuts/washer to the pump, it now looks like it's coming...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I wasn’t sure whether to post this in here or UFH but hopefully I’m posting this in the correct group. I’m in the throes of a full...
Replies
Views
I am doing heavy house renovation and want to have ufh (multizone) at the ground floor and radiators on upper floors. I want to have consistent...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock