Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Turning off water supply. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy7

Hi, I would appreciate some help! I am trying to isolate the (cold) water supply to an electric shower in the bathroom. I think the shower is fed from the same supply pipe as the bathroom cold water taps. I have gone into the attIc and closed the gate valve labelled “cold water feed” on the outlet from the cold water storage tank. I have the opened the bath and basin cold water taps to draw off as much cold water as possible from the pipe. But here’s the problem. The cold water keeps on flowing from the taps, whilst the level in the cold water storage tank in the attic decreases and the mains supply ball valve opens to let more water into the tank. Any suggestions? Have I missed something blindingly obvious? Thanks in advance. Andy.

what type of electric shower is it?

If you have turned a valve off and water still passes when you open the tap then either you have closed the wrong valve or the valve is passing water.

if the electric shower is and instantaneous heater then it will run off the cold water main but if its aa electric power shower then it will run off bot the hot and cold services fed from your CWSC.

It is an electric shower (not power) so only has a cold water supply. I've shut off both "cold water feed" and "hot water feed" gate valves on outlets from cold water storage tank.

if its an electric shower then it would normally be fed via the cold main, turn this off either as it enters the house or in the street.

If your removing the case make sure that you isolate the shower electrically first!

Thanks. Have tried the cold main stopcock. Age old problem ... turned the stopcock off as far as possible ... but passing water :-(

Turn the cold side of the kitchen tap on and that may allow you to work on the shower if its higher and the stopcock is only letting a little by.

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Turning off water supply. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which...
Replies
Views
For residential housing, what are the current regulations and/or recommended/standard practices regarding the supply of cold water to the taps on...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock