Search the forum,

Discuss Trouble with tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanttolearn

Gas Engineer
Hi guys having a bit of a issue with a brand new tap on a wash hand basin. I've fitted the tap but it keeps dripping by the back nut underneath the tap. Thought it may of been the rubber washers but changed them.
Could it be a dodgy tap?
Or am I missing something
2016-06-28 21.24.55.jpg

it might be leaking/splashing from the top seeping through from the top

Thanks for the quick response but it's leaking even when the tap is not running in wash hand basin

if you have enough in the flex undo the black nut as far as you can with out taking the flex off and lift the tap up and dry underneath and see if water re appears if no its leaking from the top and seeping through

i suspect its coming from the top and seeping through the threads

if it is ,if theres a rubber washer put some mastic on it if there isnt install one/ put mastic on the tap

I use a telescopic mirror and a torch for looking at such things.
If the tap is leaking from the top it could be coming from the works, or running down the underside of the spout unseen.
If water can pass from the top of the tap and reach the threads, then you haven't sealed the tap to the basin also.
A point about the flexi hose I would make is some taps are sharp tapered edge because are designed for a nut and olive compression pipe joint and therefore far from ideal for hitting a flat rubber washer. I never use flexis.

Last edited:
silicone,clear in situ,around the tap,baby wipes to make it look invisible,problem solved

Possible that you have a faulty tap ! were they cheep ones ? Don't waste your time take it back and replace it.

I took the back nut off tap and connected flexi and noticed that it was leaking from the brass thread that goes into the bottom of tap

I took the back nut off tap and connected flexi and noticed that it was leaking from the brass thread that goes into the bottom of tap

Should be all one piece and cheap taps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trouble with tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
V
Hi all, I'm completely inexperienced at this, but my kitchen taps are ancient, and the water has started dripping. Rather than just change the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, One of the tails for our basin tap was leaking slightly; I was never sure if the leak was from the flexible or from the join to the tap. The...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock