Discuss Triton T80 replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Triton T80 which is about 25 years old. I've decided to replace it and would ideally like to find a model which has the water connection in the same place. I read somewhere that the T80z is supposed to be a suitable replacement, but when I looked at the installation manual, it's completely different. My T80 has a compartment down the left side where the pipe can come in at any height, then the pipe goes down to the bottom left and across the bottom of the case almost to the right side where the coupling is. I can easily modify the pipe work at the bottom, but I need a model which allows me to bring in the water supply half way down the left side.

I would just replace it with a mira jump multi fit, electic cable has two blocks to connect to check your cable size first you may have 6mm cable so you will require an 8.5kw shower but if you've 10mm cable you can fit most electric showers.
i stopped fitting the t80s and now fit miras had no issues with them.

I just looked at the installation guide for that Mira. I think it will be ok. Thanks for that.

Actually you just hit on another point I was wondering about.... I have 6mm cable and a 32A breaker. My T80 is 8kw and so is just on the top limit for that supply. Can I really fit an 8.5kw shower? I was thinking I would have to go down to a 7.5kw

I've fit loads of T80Z's the electric cables and the water connection both move freely to each side so you can select wherever your cable and water connection are and you will be fine putting an 8.5kw onto 6mm cable.

I just put my test meter across the shower supply. My cable is quite long. So there's a bit of voltage drop. I'm reading 213V at the shower. So an 8.5kw shower would only draw 7.5kw in this case.

im not a sparky and don't claim to be when re fitting electric showers into a older installation especially on a long cable run install the 7.5kw if you insist on doing it you self personally if I was a job of mine I would get one of the sparkys I work along side to make the connections that way im not liable

It's my own house. So liability doesn't come into it. Actually that 213V I just posted is liable to be innacurate. We've had a power outage in my town today and my street is currently being fed from a mobile generator. I just checked and i've only got 225V coming into the house at the moment. So when the proper supply is reenstated i'm likely to see 220V across the shower when it's running. So that's about 7.8kw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Triton T80 replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock