Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet won't flush in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 119956

We had a plumber install a high rise low flow (1.6 gal / flush) toilet about a year ago. It worked fine for about 6 months. Since then, the plumber has been here 3 times because the toilet won't flush properly. The plumber has used a RIGID tool. He has replaced the ball cock and cleaned the inline water filter (we live in the country and don't have sewer and water.) He has pulled the toilet, cleaned the line from the toilet toward the septic tank. He has used a camera to check the line and found no obstructions. We only use this toilet for #1 and flush after the 2nd use. We use 2-ply toilet paper. The septic tanks have been pumped twice since the toilet has been installed. We also have a whole house filter to trap any sediment that might come from our well. What could possibly be wrong? Is the toilet bad? Seems like we've exhausted all the other possibilities. Can you help?

Can you elaborate on why it’s not flushing properly? Assuming it’s not taking contents away? I take it the water level in the cistern is set correctly? Flush pipe partially blocked? Holes in toilet pan partially blocked?

Can you elaborate on why it’s not flushing properly? Assuming it’s not taking contents away? I take it the water level in the cistern is set correctly? Flush pipe partially blocked? Holes in toilet pan partially blocked?
Toilet paper remains in bowl. Water level in tank same as when toilet was installed. I just used the RIGID tool my wife bought me and was able to dislodge "something" but why was it there? Could this be an issue with the 1.6 gals of water for each flush? What is a "toilet pan"?

Put a bucket with 7 litres in down the toilet does it clear an estimated paper usage if not it’s the pan

What is a "toilet pan"?
"Toilet pan" is UK speak for "Toilet bowl".
The point being made by Aquarius was that some toilet bowls have holes in the underside of the rim where the water comes out when flushing. If the holes become partially blocked with calcium etc the power of the flush diminishes.
Also if urine is left in the bowl routinely, calcuim deposits can build up significantly over time, out of sight at the rear of the "U" bend. That may be what you dislodged.

Reply to Toilet won't flush in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock