Search the forum,

Discuss To LSX or not on compression pipe fitting? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Going to put in new iso valves and on the compression fitting should a smidgen of LSX be used around the olive?

On the other end will be fitting tap tail adaptors again using olive and smidgen of LSX.

So is there any downside in using LSX?

Also would this be a better solution using iso valve plus tap tail adaptor to just using a flexi adaptor with built in iso?

Aim is long term leak prevention and repair if required.

If you want long life use high quality fittings, e.g. Pegler / Kuterlite, and install and test in accordance with manufacturer's instructions.

Chance are the iso valve might last longer than the flexi if left untouched so I use seperates. There is no downside as such to using LSX but being new fitting & olive you shouldnt need it. Also prefer copper to brass olives being softer.

Whats wrong with that for you shaun.

It can clog valves and filters and also ot makes removing stuff difficult as it grips / sticks it etc

Chance are the iso valve might last longer than the flexi if left untouched so I use seperates. There is no downside as such to using LSX but being new fitting & olive you shouldnt need it. Also prefer copper to brass olives being softer.

I came across these. A service valve with a 15mm thread fitting. Now these are commonly used for toilets. Why are they not used with flexi tails?

So what is best practice when it comes to isolation valves?

Are you supposed to put them in an accessible place so you can reliably close the water supply away from the actualy tap or put them close to the tap for example on the end of the pipe as it attaches to the tap.

Why are they not used with flexi tails?
- because that's not what they are for. They are for use with hard pipe.
Why not try a flexi with iso incorporated?
Best practice - as close as possible to the tap but accessible and visible and make sure they are round the right way. I.e slot facing out.

Reply to To LSX or not on compression pipe fitting? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock