Search the forum,

Discuss To LSX or not on compression pipe fitting? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Going to put in new iso valves and on the compression fitting should a smidgen of LSX be used around the olive?

On the other end will be fitting tap tail adaptors again using olive and smidgen of LSX.

So is there any downside in using LSX?

Also would this be a better solution using iso valve plus tap tail adaptor to just using a flexi adaptor with built in iso?

Aim is long term leak prevention and repair if required.

If you want long life use high quality fittings, e.g. Pegler / Kuterlite, and install and test in accordance with manufacturer's instructions.

Chance are the iso valve might last longer than the flexi if left untouched so I use seperates. There is no downside as such to using LSX but being new fitting & olive you shouldnt need it. Also prefer copper to brass olives being softer.

Whats wrong with that for you shaun.

It can clog valves and filters and also ot makes removing stuff difficult as it grips / sticks it etc

Chance are the iso valve might last longer than the flexi if left untouched so I use seperates. There is no downside as such to using LSX but being new fitting & olive you shouldnt need it. Also prefer copper to brass olives being softer.

I came across these. A service valve with a 15mm thread fitting. Now these are commonly used for toilets. Why are they not used with flexi tails?

So what is best practice when it comes to isolation valves?

Are you supposed to put them in an accessible place so you can reliably close the water supply away from the actualy tap or put them close to the tap for example on the end of the pipe as it attaches to the tap.

Why are they not used with flexi tails?
- because that's not what they are for. They are for use with hard pipe.
Why not try a flexi with iso incorporated?
Best practice - as close as possible to the tap but accessible and visible and make sure they are round the right way. I.e slot facing out.

Reply to To LSX or not on compression pipe fitting? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems to be slightly smaller than 22 mm compression fitting and when I tighten the compression nut the whole fitting is easily sliding off the pipe and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside diameter euro pipe size outlet. I need to attach it to a 40mm UK size waste pipe and would prefer to solvent weld it as the pipe will be under a tiled...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some advice. I am trying to replace the manual radiator valves on a towelrail with a TRV: I ordered a Myson 2TRV15SN, and the tail seems to be identical with the current setup, however I am not sure who to attach the copper pipe at the bottom. This doesn't seem like a standard...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use a push fit tap connector instead which will give me more flexibility in fitting?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock