Discuss Thinking of getting into commercial catering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

My mates owns a chinese takeaway so as i was there tonight getting a special satay and prawn toast he was saying i should get my ticket for commercial catering as knows loads of people who are crying out for a commercial catering gas engineer as apparently The food rating scheme are cracking down on it.

Dont want to do lpg side of it but very interested in doing natural gas catering.

so guys what quals would i need before i look into this further. And is there a changeover course for it.

It's very difficult smelly dirty work but depends what you want

No idea what i want and its either this or hetas courses and to be honest id rather do hetas. Just curious about it as i want to get out of doing bathrooms as i fecking hate them. But want something else to take its place.

I did the CCCNA, and I think comcats 1, 2 and 3.

Would probably be worthwhile looking at LPG too as quite a few kitchens want the extra heat generated by the increased calorific value.

You'll need an anemometer, unless you can hire or borrow one, for measuring vent and extract flow rates and a CO2 detector so you can check levels against action points.

CoDNCO. 1
TPCP:1
ICPN: 1
CCCN:1
COMCAT:1
COMCAT:2
COMCAT:3

i would say what you need

I've got Comcat 12345 and mobile. I also have heatas. That was a hard course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thinking of getting into commercial catering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone was out there who could shed some light on commercial heating. If you can, thanks in advance. I’ve been a...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
The other day, I met up with a friend who has contact with 'green' groups and who hears a lot of alternative technology ideas. Apparently...
Replies
Views
I can never have a normal evening, after working at least 10 hours a day for 3 weeks I had a 4pm finish today which I never ever have and just...
Replies
Views
T
Commercial Catering Anyone do it? What are the pros and cons of the job? There seems to be a lot of work about for it so I'm thinking of...
Replies
Views
P J F PLUMBING
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock