Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Thermecon with intermittent spark in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone, I have my oftec but am relatively new to oil and am after a bit of advice please. I went to a customers today whose boiler - (Thermecon) wouldn't start but went to lockout. Whilst trying to start it I could hear the spark and it was intermittent, after a couple of goes it started and once warm started every time - I could hear the spark in one long continuous stream so to speak which would stop about 10 seconds once the boiler had fired. there is obviously a problem and from what the client says it seems to do this more when the boiler has been off overnight. I removed the burner and checked the condition of the electrodes and the gap and all seems fine, so I am thinking of a faulty ignition transformer. Is there any other component it could be and is there a way of testing the components to make sure? Many thanks.

Usually eb1 transformer. Sometimes you can see a bulge in the casing. Also check to make sure electrodes or leads are not shorting out

agree on the leads shorting out esp if its all sooted up as soot attracts water to exacebate the problem. once its warm all dries out and no issues

Wow! Thanks guys for all the quick replies and relevant information. I will be going back in a couple of days and will post results!

Usually eb1 transformer. Sometimes you can see a bulge in the casing. Also check to make sure electrodes or leads are not shorting out
Totally agree BUT if it has the bulge, change that and the control box at the same time. Most often its a sticking relay in the cb that knackers the eb1 - always look for the cause rather than the effect :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermecon with intermittent spark in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock