Discuss The wrong time or not?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumberdate

Hi friends, for those who are self employed, is it the wrong time to be setting up my own bussiness??? what with the credit crunch etc?

im gonna be concetrating on maintenance not site work for now??

thanks crew

I'd say its a pretty bad time.I set up about 18 months ago and since the new year the amount of jobs I've had cancelled at the last minute I cant tell you! a lot of people are putting off the bathroom reno or other big jobs cos they cant get the loan or lost there jobs.A lot of my work is now small jobs or emergencies and I get a lot more people saying "Ok its going to cost X to replace that but how much to patchit?"Plus the extra time I know spend chasing those who havent paid!
You might be better off starting it part time and letting it grow rather than jumping in right now

thanks bud!!

im in a postion where i can start it, and dont have to worry so much about (big) income right away, as i have other financial incomes.

so i was plannin on starting early 09, and hoping by the time i spread my name the crunch will be over.

i guessed what you have said would be happenng at this time.

x

exactly wat im doin pal .... im hangin on now till about april time wen people have cash again but till then the oddjobs will see me through

lol, theres nothing wrong with showing a bit of man love every now and then

its allright holding back till january. BUT i feel that this 'ressession' will last a few years. am gna keep me odd jobs on. an find sumthing else while,
looking into a solar water heating course.

come back into the trade 'properly' in a year or so time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The wrong time or not?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock