Discuss The difference quality kit makes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyle87

u5e8ysy7.jpg

Just bought this the other day. Oh my ffffing god!! It's absolutely awesome.
My cheap makita 18v has been on its wag out for a long time.

Most of my kit is makita. Each time a powertool dies now I'll be upgrading to better makes.

My Ddm 1 and this Hilti drill have given me the bug.

What's your latest powertool purchases?

Nice lambchop.next it a te60 . Rip snorter is nice, think it's on same batts?

Nice lambchop.next it a te60 . Rip snorter is nice, think it's on same batts?

What will a te60 set me back brand new?

Don't think I use my circy saw enough for my Bosch one to die any time soon. I would like a recip saw bit I probably wouldn't use it that much either.

I have recently bought a makita multi cutter thing. Havnt used it yet but I can see it being a real useful tool for plunging into floorboards etc

Its red......just not the right red ;)

te60 is an sds max, you wont need that for a while!!

not at about 1000 quid that is!
impact driver next!

Combi drill - what's the difference between my ÂŁ150 bosch and the milwaukee? Anyone have a metabo

u5e8ysy7.jpg

Most of my kit is makita. Each time a powertool dies now I'll be upgrading to better makes.

I've got one of them too. They are amazing. Actually better than the Screwfix Bosch 2kg hammer drill I bought the other day, much faster even in red brick walls.

Bought a Fein Supercut and Dustex 40 wet/dry vacuum last week. Looking forward to putting both to good use on this full heating install starting next week!

Fed up with repeated trips outside to drain our 15L Charles. He has lasted for 4 years now but is getting leaky and he has been retired. The Fein Dustex has what can only be described as a ***** on the bottom of it which can be opened to allow it to **** the water out directly into a drain whilst it's filling.

Screwfix Bosch gsb 18v with 4ah coolpack batteries. You can get the milwaukee for about 250 with a pair of batteries, so roughly its ÂŁ30 more. [h=1][/h]

Bought a Fein Supercut and Dustex 40 wet/dry vacuum last week. Looking forward to putting both to good use on this full heating install starting next week!

Fed up with repeated trips outside to drain our 15L Charles. He has lasted for 4 years now but is getting leaky and he has been retired. The Fein Dustex has what can only be described as a ***** on the bottom of it which can be opened to allow it to **** the water out directly into a drain whilst it's filling.

Let know how you get on with the extractor I've been lusting after one for a while

Your drill is
No Load Speed 0-500 / 0-1700rpm
Impact rate: 27,000bpm
Max. drilling capacity in masonry 13mm, wood 32mm, steel 13mm. Max. torque 60Nm hard / 23Nm soft. Overall length 455mm.
Weight 1.6kg.

mines
No-load speed 1st / 2nd gear 0-450rpm & 0-1800rpm
Percussion rate 28000 bpm
Maximum torque 73Nm
Keyless chuck 1.5mm to 13mm
Maximum drilling capacity in steel 13mm, in wood 55mm & stone 16mm
Weight 2.4kgs

the Milwaukee is a damnsite heavier, thats the downside

u5e8ysy7.jpg

Are these any good for 5.5mm and 7mm in masonry? I use a metabo 28v sds, but it's a bit heavy for just hanging rads etc.

My dad wants a drill so I think ill get another bosch. Metabo 18v is a good price but doesn't look to be as good as bosch

If it's the 22v one I am using it's fantastic for drilling holes in masonry, stone or whatever, manages fine up to 10mm. I tend to step up from 5 - 8 - 10 if I am drilling holes anyway, find the rawl plugs usually bite better.

My dad wants a drill so I think ill get another bosch. Metabo 18v is a good price but doesn't look to be as good as bosch

Get yourself a nice beasty drill and pass your current one to your dad?
assuming hes using it more for diy use?

Get yourself a nice beasty drill and pass your current one to your dad?
assuming hes using it more for diy use?
Yeah its for diy
I'm not sure I can warrant even getting a second battery!
The ÂŁ400 metabo does look good but I can get the bosch for ÂŁ220. That's a lot of tap washer changes to pay for ÂŁ180 extra - at least 3!

You can get carried away buying tools. I use a poxy dewalt for spade bits and driving screws and a 28v sds for masonry fixings. All the rest is 240v. I've had cordless circulars, recips and jig saw, only the jigsaws survived.

Metabo stuff is very good, I'm a big fan. Would buy it over the Bosch cordless stuff any day.

You can get carried away buying tools. I use a poxy dewalt for spade bits and driving screws and a 28v sds for masonry fixings. All the rest is 240v. I've had cordless circulars, recips and jig saw, only the jigsaws survived.

I'm not that interested in cordless tools. I usually buy corded. My jigsaw, circy, grinder, sds, multitool, router, core drill and sanders are all corded. But I did need this cordless drill for everyday stuff.

Put a holesaw through a cast iron stack for a 40mm waste yesterday and it sailed through without a grumble

sounds good kyle, how much did it set ya back ?

Including vat and a 2nd batt it was 350.

Crazy money for me to be spending on tools but I wanted one from a shop and not off eBay so it's easier to take back for repairs etc

If your going to buy multi tool buy a fein, they're ace.

Including vat and a 2nd batt it was 350.

Crazy money for me to be spending on tools but I wanted one from a shop and not off eBay so it's easier to take back for repairs etc

Take.it.back!!!!

milwaukee youd get an impact too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The difference quality kit makes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
L
Hi All, I'm looking into ways of increasing the supply flow rate, so that my shower doesn't reduce to a trickle when other outlets are used at...
Replies
Views
Hi all Relatively new to install work having been heavily biased to boiler service and repair for the last 12 odd years. I have some powertools...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have for sale: 1 x Makita combi 8444D MXT, 1 x makita driver 6347D 1 x18v Makita torch light. i always look after my equipment...
Replies
Views
ant78
A
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock