Search the forum,

Discuss TemCon temperature balancing valves in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have TemCon balancing valves fitted on my sits and a questions been asked whether these require servicing. Can't find much info on the manufacturer website so can anyone confirm if they do and if so what level of service is required?

Attachments

• IMG_0176[1].JPG
    IMG_0176[1].JPG
    363 KB · Views: 13
Hot water or heating ?

I see no mention of periodic servicing requirements on their website or in the terms of their three-year warranty but check with your installer or the manufacturer. Contact details are on their website.

Broadly speaking, all hot water systems should have a periodic inspection, including: a visual check (dirt/dust or physical damage, correct set-points) and a functional check of measured circulation temperatures and, if test points are present, the pressure differential. Records of these data will indicate if/when the valves need attention.

Reply to TemCon temperature balancing valves in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

If changing a combi boiler system to a heat pump. What do they usually do with the balanced cold connection on the hot water cylinder? Cap it. And put a pressure reducer on the mains so they have equal hot and cold pressures? I can't see them repiping a balanced cold from the cylinder to each...
Replies
Views
Hi, guys! Hope you are all well. I have four solenoid valves connected to the main water supply, and they seem to break quite often. I believe it's the pressure that's causing this. I was thinking of adding a pressure valve to control the pressure before it goes through the solenoid valve. Do...
Replies
Views
We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc) the shower runs at the right temperature for much of the time but suddenly changes to run cold, usually during the hair rinse time, for no apparent...
Replies
Views
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one or setting 5 makes no difference - the radiator is blazing hot. For small bedrooms this is pain cos the room just heats up too much. we first...
Replies
Views
Ever since the cylinder return balancing valve has been messed with by my kids it hasn't been hot like before what can I do? (as previously I've been told to leave it fully open )
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock