Search the forum,

Discuss Heat pump unvented install balanced cold in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
If changing a combi boiler system to a heat pump. What do they usually do with the balanced cold connection on the hot water cylinder? Cap it. And put a pressure reducer on the mains so they have equal hot and cold pressures? I can't see them repiping a balanced cold from the cylinder to each cold feed appliance that is of a mixer valve type. Thank you.

Or install the combo valve under the sink with the stop tap

If its a combi its likely you'll have 15mm colds and hots everywhere so I would probably be looking at re-piping to 22mm plus putting in the balanced cold to allow the outside tap and kitchen sink to remain at street pressure. If its just a single bathroom then possibly do as you've suggested, but future proofing it is a good selling point to the customer and more money in your pocket.

Sorry yes I didn't think about that. Unvented cylinders usually need require a 22mm supply. Could be a re pipe from stop tap? But some are installing this systems in a day in a team of 3 or 4.

Normally remove the meter if no other appliances

Supplier owned

Reply to Heat pump unvented install balanced cold in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock