Discuss Tap insert removal tool. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once (when I was around 18-19) heated a tap body with a blowlamp as I had reached the point where it was a replacement basin or live with a drip as I could not get the head off, not undo the backnut to replace the tap, I called my dad (a farmer) wich told me , "give it some heat" haha it worked and I just stuck a new body in it!! what a cowboy thinking back!!!!!!!

Just about to order one and they're offering tap re seating tools as an add on. One for imperial and one for metric. So how do you know which one to use, imperial or metric?

I've got one. Haven't used it in ages, normally use grips and a backnut box spanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap insert removal tool. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older washer type inserts which has a dripping cold side. I have a pair of replacement ceramic inserts to...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I've just purchased a portable washing machine and want to connect it to my kitchen tap. I know I'm going to need an adapter to connect it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock