Search the forum,

Discuss Switchmaster 3 port valve problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Allantjones

Hi hope someone can help as I'm starting to lose the will to live,have an old switchmaster valve set up which started playing up a few weeks ago. Reluctant to change for new valve because of the need to reroute pipes for it to fit,thought the problem was the valve not the motor mainly because when removed from valve works ok but gives clicking sound and stops when refitted to valve.So bought another valve and changed the Innards over which are in better condition and turns easier the the problem now is when turning valve to c/h and water it is in correct position but turning to water the inner water blocker shuts off water supply or would if I refitted it is it possible the motor has shifted position it's the only thing I can think of hope someone can help regards Allan.

Have turned the internal blocker to other side of spindle but this shuts off supply when calling for heat and water but does solve the original problem of just water supply so this can't be right either must be something simple I am missing don't think it's the micro switches these are in fixed positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Switchmaster 3 port valve problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock