Search the forum,

Discuss Suspected gas leak? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. As registered gas engineers, on entering a property you smell gas, what legally do you have to do???

Seek permission to make safe and Tightness test. If no permission. Then if no permission call in the trannies

Ironic as a qualified gas engineer you have to seek permission.

As a police officer you can kick the door in to save life and limb. No qualifications needed....just a size 10

use some common sense, brief the occupants, isolate supplies, find leak charge occupants, then you'll be paid. If they throw you out call transco to cut them off, offer idiots more advice re **** etc and move the van out of the blast zone asap

Not until its odorised phewww

One word springs to mind, Pungent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Suspected gas leak? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Recently noticed a gas smell coming from my ideal classic RS50 boiler. Cadent have been out and confirmed a small leak and capped off the gas. The...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
Hi, As per title we have a regular smell from the shower trap. Clean the trap twice a week, had a cleaning rod down the shower waste pipe and no...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock