Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Surging jet pump not reaching cut off pressure in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I need some help.

Problem: my jet pump fluctuates between 15-35psi and will not build any pressure higher than that. There is a swooshing or surging sound that continually occurs.

Location: it pulls water from a lake to supply the house. Lift is 40ft distance from foot valve to pump is 90ft.

Equipment:
brand new 2 line version of the Franklin electric rm2 jet pump 220v

Brand new Cage/screen, venturi and foot valve

I blocked in the discharge of the pump.
I primed the pump by using a auxiliary plug -in pump plumbed into the top suction line.
I then circulated fluid through and bled the water through a tee on the discharge line for about an hour.
When the pump is off it'll hold the pressure solid so I don't think there are any leaks on the suction line.

The pump continues to swoosh and surges though there's still air in it.

Any advice?

Attachments

• PXL_20230710_225339154.jpg
    PXL_20230710_225339154.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20230610_004536577.jpg
    PXL_20230610_004536577.jpg
    873.6 KB · Views: 5

Reply to Surging jet pump not reaching cut off pressure in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock