Search the forum,

Discuss Superfire with primus gas. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

midlands based

Anyone use a rothenberger gun with primus gas. Im thinking of getting an adaptor as ive got loads of primus bottles knocking about so just wondered if performance was the same.

I have no problems with it. Specially if you have bottles. Be daft not to

Much increased performance as a spare hammer
ha ha,i use primus on a sf2 simply because i keep the head and 3 bottles in a old .50 calibre box,disconnect a primus bottle they dont leak,disconnect a mapp or roth bottle thy leak constantly

I use both. Got a surefire 2 with primus bottle using the adapter and a Sievert with primus bottle. Personally prefer the Sievert but surefire is sound too.

I have the Sievert with a primus bottle. When I first fire it up it is great but by the time I move it across to the fitting it is like a glorified lighter! It still does the fittings ok and have never had a leak with it yet but it is infuriatingly slow at times. I have had it stripped down several times but it makes no difference. The only time it has worked as it should was when I took it back to where I got it from. The guy there switched it on and then was able to move it around for a couple of minutes all the while with a full power flame. I took it back and the first time I tried to use it on a job it just went back to the low flame.
I would sling it but at the price of replacing it and the fact that it still works means that I will just hang on to it.
I had the sure fire one previously but after a couple of days I accidentally bumped against it and it broke in two!

I have been using my primus bottles with my sf2 for years cheapest and best.

I use sf2 but going to invest in one of the brass fine tip manual jobs that somebody on here recommended for my spare primus bottles

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Superfire with primus gas. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guys Not sure if this is the correct area to post? Firstly, i'm not doing this work myself but I need to get a question answered as it impacts an outdoor kitchen slab i'm going to pour and need to run pipe or conduit under it. Having a commercial LPG griddle installed on the outdoor...
Replies
Views
Just about to start on our new main bathroom and have chosen a wall mounted sink with decorative black bottle trap which heads into the wall. As I have multiple wastes going into one stack pipe I would like to connect the sink waste into the bath waste feed to the stack… I’m worried about...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of sewer gas. Not only does the b/room stink it also smells in the kitchen too, which is directly below the toilet/b-room. It doesnt do it everytime...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock