Search the forum,

Discuss stuck on very old dfe - new guy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kielarmarek

hi guys, I am very new to this, in fact never did forums before. However, I am GS registered for over a year now, and recently I came across dfe fire that is well older than me, and I require some advice, please. I have been called recently to one of the posh Kensington apartments with huge gas fire that contains only gas cock, tray of sand and some wood looking-like logs, no controls such ignition not mentioning oxy, as a non-smoker had get my torch to lite it up. No data badge. I have performed spillage and flue flow test - perfect, however, I was between issuing NCS or AR for obvious reasons as being primitive DFE, after performing gas rate which came out as 18kW and No Additional ventilation I have classified this as AR. Please anyone experienced advice me whether I did right or wrong, or should I classify this as ID as some of my young colleges would. Best regards.

hi mate welcome to the forums 1 theres ALOT of knowledge here ! strict on gas talk though ! what you need to do is get your post count up a bit then send REDSAW a private message with your gas safe details etc and he will get back to you !

no instructions or data badge so how can you service it and know its safe. however this is a plumbing forum and you need to get onto the gas safe private forum to get an answer. So some more posts and a chat with a mod is req

Agreed but welcome to the forum anyway. Build your post count up to 10+

Well good luck with getting your post count up, I have the requisite number and still cant get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to stuck on very old dfe - new guy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone! Parents not used the boiler since 2013/2014, since installing a new wetroom for them they have now decided its worth getting the boiler running again. The only reason it has not been used i so long is the the zone valve kept getting stuck (would have fixed this myself if i knew!)...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
Hey there I'm looking for some advice on a potential issue I'm having with an old back boiler. So just moved into my parents' old house with my partner, it's a terrace with back to back chimneys in the kitchen and the sitting room. The fireplace in the kitchen is the old back boiler that hasn't...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi guys first post. I am in the process of rejuvenating a double wash sink. It was needing the waste below looked at for a washing machine and dryer, as it had a sunken elbow and unbeknownst it was a mix of 1 1/4 and 1 1/2, including the sink wastes themselves. I bought new matching 1 1/2...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock