Search the forum,

Discuss stubbourn tap head removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
A home made puller? Show us a pic, I'm slightly intrigued.

no probls , il photo it tommorow!!! be warned , it is not preety!!! :p but hey presto it does the trick! and probably i could make a tidier one if i had more time, i just wanted to see if it would work first! anybody else done their own tool kind of thing?

no probls , il photo it tommorow!!! be warned , it is not preety!!! :p but hey presto it does the trick! and probably i could make a tidier one if i had more time, i just wanted to see if it would work first! anybody else done their own tool kind of thing?
Nice one, haven't made such tool for myself so depending on your design I might break some copyright laws and make one. :devil2:

haha got a long nut and bolt , and 2 6 inch screws at the ready? opps almost for got the rollpin! . there ar 2 small tacs of welds needed, a 10 second job with a welder! i enjoy doing stuff like that! i did a clamp to squeze plastic pipes once also , to change stoptaps ect!

Iv got this!

Would remove your tap head easily... It was on dragons den once :)

easy tap splitter

[DLMURL="http://www.abdtools.eu/p/product/1002158258-Easy+TapSplitter+Basic+Kit/"]ABD Tools - Easy TapSplitter Basic Kit[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
noooo gassafe, im not talking about that!!! ive got a special tool that i keep between my shoulder and elbow for that!!! im talking about the bit he does before 00:15 , come on how many come off like that!!!

Iv got this!

Would remove your tap head easily... It was on dragons den once :)

easy tap splitter

[DLMURL="http://www.abdtools.eu/p/product/1002158258-Easy+TapSplitter+Basic+Kit/"]ABD Tools - Easy TapSplitter Basic Kit[/DLMURL]

Is this any good gassafe?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard that they're pretty good, if they were cheaper I'd have one.
I wouldn't follow the instructions though as they tell you to tighten the tap gear up with them as they'll over-tighten and cause problems for the next guy who might not have one of these tools.

Is this any good gassafe?

I was sceptical at first, I kinda thought it would be carp because it was on dragons den in the 1st place! But to to be fair, it does work!!! I used to hate getting my huge grips & towel on the spout and having it all all over the place... Plus the body always starts to move! With this it does not :) iv only used it a couple of times, I always just use grips & bahco but if there tight this comes out!

its the difference between being able to get the tap head out or having to fit new taps! So with having on the van I reckon! I got my set from qvc shopping channel online, only about 15 quid for the basic kit without fancy case!

I was sceptical at first, I kinda thought it would be carp because it was on dragons den in the 1st place! But to to be fair, it does work!!! I used to hate getting my huge grips & towel on the spout and having it all all over the place... Plus the body always starts to move! With this it does not :) iv only used it a couple of times, I always just use grips & bahco but if there tight this comes out!

its the difference between being able to get the tap head out or having to fit new taps! So with having on the van I reckon! I got my set from qvc shopping channel online, only about 15 quid for the basic kit without fancy case!
Search results for Tap splitter ? QVCUK.com

cheap now!!!!

I was just about to post that. I bought one( tap splitter) from QVC last month, but it didn't come with a case nor the option to buy the bit for chewed up nuts. I have only used it twice, and not on the stubbornist of taps, so still reserving judgement. Also does not free stubborn bodies on monoblock taps which are really common nowadays. And changing taps always paid better than changing washers, so perhaps shooting oneself in the foot? Last problem is in the case of traditional cross head taps, the head has to come off to use this tool but a pair of waterpump pliers will fit in with the head still on.

EDIT: Sorry just realised, you made something to pull the head off ( rather than remove the tap body). Please tell more. To remove the head I usually keep tapping with a small hammer and hope that when the head flys off it doesn't land back in the basin and smash it .

Mine arrived monday. Used it yesterday on a pair of really manky furred up taps and worked a treat - well worth it even if it was only for that one job!!!

It look likes QVC don't sell them anymore. Possibly better off buying the kit with a case anyhow. Mine lives in the drivers door pocket with all the attachments, but its only a matter of time before I lose some of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to stubbourn tap head removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock