Discuss Strip Down Condensing Boilers!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gunner Plumber

Iam generally new to the trade and work as a service engineer. My Question is related to Telegan Readings on Condensing Boilers in particular the worcester greenstar models as i come across them quite often. As these condensing boilers are getting on a bit 6, 7 years old and are requiring to be stripped down and heat exchanger cleaned out and can be proven by low readings at fan speeds ie usually readings they look for are around -4.2 or their abouts depending on model.If you are getting readings below this ie -1.5 or so it states to strip down and clean heat exchanger. Or in some cases your telegan ratio too high when co2 reading correct and gas rate correct. Has Any1 had much experience in this field and had to strip down a greenstar? Change seal etc. Is it Quite Simple and any hints and tips when doing so? Whats envolved? or how long it takes? Would appreciate any comments.

Cheers

Contact Worcester and book your self in to the course. You require servicing kit and parts. Very good training, so you will feel alot more confident servicing their appliances.

Special brush required that comes with the service kit, Ive only had to strip a couple, interestingly these were both facing a busy main rd.

dose anyone know where there nearest training centres are??? is there any in the northeast

Theres one in Bradford. Thats the nearest to you. Check out the worcester bosch web site.

bradford,and its a good free 1 day course,speak to worcester rep,get there number off ,merchants

if you go on the course you might be able to tealeaf the expensive special heat exchanger brush!!!!!!!!!!

When I did the course they came to us in a massive van full of boilers. Was a good course to be fair to them. Lots of freebies - no heat ex brush though:(
I haven't had to do a full strip down yet but after doing the course feel alot more comfortable doing one if I had to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strip Down Condensing Boilers!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi, I have the boiler as above which has been very good for the last 13 years or more and is still relatively going strong. However, now, the...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
Hi all, We've bought a property that has a Worcester Greenstar 37CDi boiler installed, with an old British Gas RS2 Thermostat linked to it. I'm...
Replies
Views
Philip B
P
Hi everyone, my sister's 5 year old Worcester Greenstar CDi Classic boiler is losing pressure rapidly[down from 1.5bar to zero overnight]. I...
Replies
Views
Unable to adjust co2 readings on a a vaillant ecotec boiler it’s an lpg model I’m currently getting 0.0004 ratio, can’t get a higher co2...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
I am a retired gas engineer. Corgi and Domestic Electrics + Building Surveyor. I have a Greenstar CDI 35kw that I fitted in my own home 15 years...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock