Search the forum,

Discuss Drain down a Worcester Hi-Flow 550cdi boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

J

John Holt

Hi,
I have the boiler as above which has been very good for the last 13 years or more and is still relatively going strong.
However, now, the secondary heat exchanger is kettling and the easiest option is to replace it.
Although Worcester Bosch do sell a cleaning kit, whatever route I take, I'll still need to drain down the heat store.
There's plenty of advice on how to drain the central heating system available online but no instructions on how to drain just the DHW and heat store.
Maybe draining the central heating system also drains the thermal store - I don't know.
So, any advice/tips etc welcome.
Thanks in advance.

The thermal store has an isolation valve at the bottom of it, where you connect the filling loop, can you not just drain through that?

Reply to Drain down a Worcester Hi-Flow 550cdi boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock