Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating pressure is discharging through condensate trap. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone, my sister's 5 year old Worcester Greenstar CDi Classic boiler is losing pressure rapidly[down from 1.5bar to zero overnight]. I checked everything I can think of including all visible pipework, radiators and pressure relief valve outlet and couldn't find a thing out of the ordinary. As a last resort I disconnected the condensate pipework where it has been plumbed into a sink waste pipe[ not checked if that method is permitted for an outlet but that's how it was installed] and water is coming out constantly until pressure guage shows zero. Re-pressurised and water came out again. She has only just had a service and the condensate trap was cleaned and refitted so I contacted the engineer and he wasn't interested. My question is could the leak be down to bad refitting or is a leaking heat exchanger more likely? Also, assuming the worst what would she expect to pay for a new heat exchange to be fitted? Cheers

Hi everyone, my sister's 5 year old Worcester Greenstar CDi Classic boiler is losing pressure rapidly[down from 1.5bar to zero overnight]. I checked everything I can think of including all visible pipework, radiators and pressure relief valve outlet and couldn't find a thing out of the ordinary. As a last resort I disconnected the condensate pipework where it has been plumbed into a sink waste pipe[ not checked if that method is permitted for an outlet but that's how it was installed] and water is coming out constantly until pressure guage shows zero. Re-pressurised and water came out again. She has only just had a service and the condensate trap was cleaned and refitted so I contacted the engineer and he wasn't interested. My question is could the leak be down to bad refitting or is a leaking heat exchanger more likely? Also, assuming the worst what would she expect to pay for a new heat exchange to be fitted? Cheers
Leaking hex.

Think Worcester Guarantee the HEX for 10 years, but you'd have to check.

Call Worcester out as the Cdi has a min of 7 years guarantee

I’m sure it will need to have had an annual service each year and water quality at an acceptable level for a warranty repair.

Reply to Central heating pressure is discharging through condensate trap. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock