Search the forum,

Discuss Stopcock in dining room wall or under boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

We have just moved into our house and are having trouble finding the water shut off valve. There is a sticker on the boiler which says '' Water shut off in dining room wall also below boiler '' I have checked all the obvious places (under kitchen sink, kitchen cupboards, floor board near boiler, behind sink) but nothing, I'm not sure if the kitchen has been moved around in the past, surly the valve hasn't been put inside the wall. Do any of the valves on the pictures attach allow for water to be stopped. Cheers.

Attachments

• 20190923_190300.jpg
    20190923_190300.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 18
  • 20190923_190307.jpg
    20190923_190307.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
  • 20190923_190333.jpg
    20190923_190333.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
No sorry to say, any boxing about as could be in there etc ?

It's unlikely anyone has left that message as a laugh, it's been left as a clue.
The water main would come in on an outside wall normally, so look in the Dining Room, on a outside wall low down.
Maybe a section of skirting is removable.

'' Water shut off in dining room wall also below boiler ''
I suspect that means that there are two valves. One 'in dining room wall' and the other 'below boiler'. If there is a wall between kitchen and dinining room, check both sides.

Good quality access panels are designed to be difficult to see. Consider the possibility that some clown has redecorated over it. Try working along knocking the wall with your knuckles. Get someone to run a tap elsewhere in the house and listen carefully to see if what you hear gives a clue.

Reply to Stopcock in dining room wall or under boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
My family and I live in a bungalow, we have lived there for nearly five years. The property was built in 1964. I want to turn off the water supply so I can install a washing machine, the other place where we lived had modern fittings at the back of the washing machine to stop the water. We...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
Hi There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the mains water, turned boiler off (Remeha avanta) and opened the hot kitchen tap to drain the cylinder. After doing the work etc, Everything up and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock