Discuss Space saving basin trap in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm fitting a countertop basin and want to use the shallowest trap I can. I found a product called Uniwaste Waterless Trap which would be ideal:

Anyone used one of these? Are they ok?

Is there a reason I can't use a McAlpine bath trap:

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-bath-trap-white-40mm/84362

Are there any other options that would work?

The waterless trap of any type would be fine
If basin waste pipe is connected into soil pipe (single stack) bath trap is a no against regs and high probability of smell come in.
If waste is into a gulley or hopper head bath trap would work just looks wrong.

The unitraps eventually fail - the silicone flap stops working but they are very easy to replace.
I think they are just about the smallest traps useable.

Reply to Space saving basin trap in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I'm just curious...why do bath traps use 40mm connections and pipework and yet basin traps use 32mm? I have a very short length (1.25m)...
Replies
Views
S
Hoping for some advice on the use of AAVs while plumbing in my new bathroom. There is a sketch of the waste layout in the link below. All of the...
Replies
Views
Stephen44uk
S
U
Hi I have just bought this item, Senzo space saving trap, I intended to use it on my bath (the existing piping is in a very awkward position...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
I am re-doing my outside drainage (see separate thread). It is an ideal time to re-jig my kitchen sink waste as it is taking up too much of my...
Replies
Views
Hi All Here is my kitchen sink waste setup: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AutS6uK5ubo1hvt6sdHMJIOWijxJXg I want to make more efficent use of the space...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock