Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen sink waste queries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo7

I am re-doing my outside drainage (see separate thread). It is an ideal time to re-jig my kitchen sink waste as it is taking up too much of my cupboard space.

I had an idea of what I wanted and found that in fact McAlpine already make a product with the correct configuration which sets the pipes backwards towards the back of the unit/wall..

See photos of old setup and new product I bought.

As you can see I have 2 full bowls.

Shared photos 5-3-2017

My queries

1) I have to use the appliance waste which is 'half' open - is this OK for washing machine? The waste on the other end is a full opening but it would not go in as nicely as the way I want

2) is it OK for me to put the waste outlet the direction I want - so the water comes down on a slope left to right but then goes back on itself - I presume it makes no difference. I would then cut the waste pipe back so it comes in and bends much closer to the wall.

3) is there a minimum i should have it standing of the wall? I presume I only need enough space to be able to undo any nuts.

I tested 40mm black pipe on the end of the trap and seems to work - so presume this is fine and how it should be done.

1) Should be fine, - the division is to direct the water flow

2) Yes, probably

3) Just keep the whole lot close to the wall to whatever you need for space for nuts to turn. Doesn't need to be very close though, - you could keep the space behind of 25mm or more if you wanted. The first bend when it comes through wall will be the fixed distance, so get it right.

Careful measuring the bent pipes that join to wastes and go back towards wall. You won't have spares if you cut them too short

Reactions: mo7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen sink waste queries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock