Search the forum,

Discuss Help with AAV locations and importance in new bathroom fit in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Stephen44uk

Hoping for some advice on the use of AAVs while plumbing in my new bathroom. There is a sketch of the waste layout in the link below. All of the plumbing is concealed within floorboards or stud walls, so I can't have any AAV's on show. There are 2 voids either side of the bathroom and an AAV at highest point on the 110mm.

However all the 40mm horizontal runs from basin, bath and shower are all over 3m each. Researching I have found AAV's or anti syphon traps need to be used. These traps are no good as shower and bath trap are too low in floor and basin uses a decorative bottle trap which matches rest of items.

Are they that important, as I do not want smells or gargling from the new bathroom. The only place I could fit an AAV for the shower and bath is to Tee off both runs and place one within a false stud wall and remove insulation so it has space around it. Its not ideal but would this work and be better than not using 1 at all? Is there a distance it needs to be within the traps?

Likewise the basin would need waste pipe routing through stud walls to reach a decent void, it can be done but a lot of work, is it worth it?

Any advice other than get a plumber will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Link to the sketch plan:

Reply to Help with AAV locations and importance in new bathroom fit in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock