Discuss solar panel feeds to top of hwc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been asked to fit a shower for a customer. He wants a pumped unit fitted to his new en-suite.
My query concerns his solar panel heating, I've been looking and asking about the syatem he has installed.
He has a conventional single coil vented hot water cylinder fed by his boiler primaries. Nothing unconventional or difficult there.

His feed for the single solar panel is from a tee off the hwc cold feed which is pumped from this point around the panel and then directly into the top of the hwc through a reducing tee. A single check valve prevents back-flow around the circuit. The 22mm piping is reducued to 15mm as it enters the hwc.

Does anyone know if the hot water being fed into the cylinder is via a dip pipe where it blends with and is heated further before it leaves the cylinder when required? Or will the feed pipe simply terminate at the top cylinder union/take off?

I imagine it is the latter. A 15mm dip pipe would reduce flow very considerably however it would effectively cool the water leaving the cylinder. So, I'm confused.... what should I expect when I remove the top union to fit a surrey flange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to solar panel feeds to top of hwc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock